- BE AMAZED
BY THE NATURE
- APPRECIATION OF
THE LOCAL CULTURE
- Payment 100%
The town of Portobelo was founded by Christopher Columbus on his fourth voyage in 1597. Sir Francis Drake was among the infamous Captains that raided this site, and his body is said to be buried off the waters of Portobelo bay, near an Island named after him. Visit Fort San Geronimo, Fort San Felipe, Customs House, two story colonial structure built in 1630, it was the headquarters of the Spanish customs offices and the Black Christ Church.
Opened in 2016, the new Observation Center of the Canal Expansion, Agua Clara Locks, located in Colon Panama, is a park style concept based on open platforms and roofed terraces, built in an area of four hectares, 400 visitors, simultaneously, will be able to enjoy in this new center, the construction of the new locks of the Panama Canal in the Atlantic, at the same time, from its privileged location, visitors see the majestic Gatun Lake, where ships continue their transit through the waterway.
- Walk to observe the ruins of the spanish colonial fortresses
- The town of portobelo is an unesco world heritage site
- Visit to the church cristo negro
- In agua clara you will see an impressive panoramic view that contrasts two scenarios: gatun lake and the expansion work
- Transport in a/c equipped vehicle
- 5 hours
- Transportation and tour may be shared with other participants.
- 5 hours
Book Your Adventure
we are the official website.